Valley Alternative Learning Transitioning School
WNCC Harms Center
2620 College Park, Scottsbluff, NE
(Harms Center East Door #2)
VALTS is an alternative school that serves nine school districts including: Gering, Mitchell, Sidney, Scottsbluff, Morrill, Banner County, Kimball, Bridgeport, Bayard and Minatare. The districts decide who attends VALTS based on a set of specific criteria laid out by the school district and VALTS administrator. The application process starts with the student's high school counselor or principal. Once the application process is completed, the student's school will determine if the student is a possible candidate.
Criteria for Admission
- Referred by student’s home district.
- Expressed desire to be part of the program (self-referral).
- Expressed desire to achieve graduation.
- Referred by high school screening committee team and principal.
- Complete academic/interest/aptitude tests upon placement.
- Reasonable student expectation to complete the program within one year of graduation class. At a minimum, students should have completed at least 40% of their resident district’s graduation requirements prior to entering the VALTS program.
- Agrees to abide by conditions and rules established for the program.
- Completion of a successful intake interview.